A cable raceway is a type of device that serves to protect, organize and hide cable from those that have it in their home or commercial setting. Many people will use these products to manage and organize the cable in their home or commercial enterprise. A cable raceway can consist of several different options.
Types Of Cable Raceways
- Floor Cable Raceway – a type of system that generally is hinged and runs along the floor to hide obtrusive cable lengths and wires.
- Network Cable Raceway System – This is a cable raceway system usually used in industry and consists of a series of interlocking sections with screws that carries industrial cable.
- Black Cable Raceway – A black cable raceway can be used in homes or commercial enterprises and often are made of aluminum. They serve the same function of concealing messy cable cords easily and efficiently.
The features of raceways are that they can be used in several different ways to keep the cable in your home from becoming a disorganized mess. This is a great advantage to a homeowner or to a commercial venue or industry. Not only are cable cords unsightly they can also cause an individual to trip or fall over the cords. The use of a cable raceway not only keeps accidents and injuries from occurring, but can also keep the area neat and organized.
- The best cable raceway system for the homeowner is the one that is the most useful to them. One can get a large latching raceway, a corner duct raceway that looks like Royal Crown Molding, or a Raceway Roll is one that could serve as a wire track raceway. There are also special raceways such as a wire channel that can be used in a home or office.
- Many of the products come with extras like matching accessories. For those that have multiple cables set ups they are a nice touch. For those that have large surface ethernet cable they can also get a large latching raceway.
Getting back to the types of raceways and their uses, a floor cable raceway can be a plastic tube that secures cables or can be something more elaborate, with separate compartments for the cable. It depends on the owner’s preference. A network cable raceway usually consists of metal tubing with or without accessories and can come with interlocking compartments.
A black cable raceway can also come in different sizes, and perform different functions within the commercial or industrial setting.
Why Use These Products?
A cable raceway may be the perfect thing for your home or business enterprise, not only can they look attractive, they can also keep accidents from happening. Many people use these devices with great success to keep organized. The devices are sold from many different venues and can be quite inexpensive and affordable, or can cost a few hundred dollars. It depends on what their function is and how elaborate a set up someone is looking to manage. Check online for some of the available types and materials that these raceways come in. They differ widely in form and function.